Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How do I know I'm a True Christian?

Back to Original Post

Back to Advice About Salvation Post - 8/17/11


Dear K from Mississippi,

The thoughts you’re having is definitely a work of the Lord in your life. Apart from the Holy Spirit, we would never desire the things of God. It simply is not part of our human nature. Our flesh, our human mind may feel a void, something not right, but apart from His work in our lives, we would simply try to fill that void with things of this world.

You can know, God is calling you to Himself. He may be calling you to salvation, or He may be calling you to surrender. Sometimes people get the two confused. The only way you can know for sure, is to spend time with Him. He will not leave you floundering. He wants you to know. You may be asking yourself, even now, “How does one begin such a process?”

For me, I got alone with my Bible. I poured my heart out to God, and asked Him to please help me settle this matter once and for all. I remember getting in the floor and reading I John. I’d read and pray, read and pray, . . . The Holy Spirit is very real. You will sense Him speaking to your heart and mind. He will confirm to you whether you are saved or not saved. For me, my salvation was confirmed, but I learned that I had not surrendered to Him. Grant it, I was a pastor’s wife, a Sunday School teacher, and a Christian for a long time by now, but somehow I had missed the fact that my life really no longer belonged to me.

Since that time in my life, I have not doubted one other time. You will find that as you spend time with Him, reading His word and obeying (by faith) the truths found within, He will continually confirm that you are His, and He will continually reveal His love and faithfulness to you.

Maybe the Lord is saying to you, I love you so much. I want you to know me personally as your Savior and Lord. Or, perhaps He is simply saying, I want a relationship with you. Open my Word, and let me teach you who I am, and the purpose I have planned for your life. O Dear one, there is nothing in all of life more beautiful than this. Don’t hesitate for one minute to get alone with Him. Be willing to push aside all the distractions of life, and determine to do this one thing that matters most.

Please let us know how you‘re doing. If you have questions, we’re here for you.

I’m praying for you,
Tracie

“And this is his commandment: We must believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as he commanded us. Those who obey God’s commandments remain in fellowship with him, and he with them. And we know he lives in us because the Spirit he gave us lives in us,” I John 3:23-24.

No comments: