Saturday, June 08, 2013

Praying for Niece

Return to Original Post


Dear Sharon, 

My heart breaks for Amanda and her son. I will certainly be praying for both of them. She's been through a lot to be so young. Is Amanda a Christian? If not, our website may be of help as you share Jesus with her. If she does know Him as her Lord and Savior, does she know the Lord is always with her? Does she know His promise to never leave her alone? And,  Is she seeking Him in the midst of her heartache? The reason I ask is because she may need someone to ask her these questions, to be accountable, to help her learn and grow and find freedom and joy again. Joy that can be hers (in Christ Jesus) in spite of life in a sin sick, fallen world.
Being her aunt will open doors to discuss these most important questions. I want you to know we are here to encourage you as you reach out to her, and we are praying for you too! It's amazing the hope that one person can give another when they realize they are not in the storm alone. Thank you for reaching out and being that person for Amanda.
Sudden death, suicide, abandonment, abuse, alcohol (drug) addiction, and raising children who are hurting from the effects of such can be overwhelming. If our mentors can help, please feel free to have her contact us. We can listen, we can research Biblical solutions, offer encouragement, share our stories, and (as we are doing now) we can pray!
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to pray for this precious soul, and may God bless your every effort of reaching out to her. She is blessed to have such an aunt! Please keep in touch and update us on how Amanda and her son are doing and we will pray accordingly and praise God with you for all He is going to do in her life as she surrenders her heartache to Him. The Lord truly is close to the brokenhearted (Psalm 34:18)!

Let's pray:

Holy Father, 

Thank you for placing your burdens on this aunt's heart. I pray that you will be her encouragement as she reaches out to be your hands and your voice to her hurting niece. Lord, God, I ask that you pull close to Amanda. I pray she will be aware of your presence in her life. I pray she will know you are near to her, and I ask that she seek after you and desire you with her life because only You can bring healing in the midst of so much pain and suffering. It is my prayer that you will use this time in Amanda’s life to help her see how big and how real You are. I pray that You increase her faith and bring much joy to her heart. I pray that you alone will be the object of that beautiful healing and restoration in her life. Please surround her with Your people, and I pray that You will shower Your love upon her through them. I pray You will strengthen her that she in turn might strengthen others, beginning with her son. Lord God, I ask that you wrap this young boy up in Your protection, shower Him will love, and minister Your peace to him through and through. Help him to grow up to know You, to love You, and to live for You. Lavish your love and blessings on them by Your grace. I ask all things to be done according to Your perfect will.

In Jesus Name & For His Glory, 

Tracie

No comments: