Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ideas for Devotion

Return to Original Post


Joy,

Could you give us a little more information . . .

Who is your audience?
Where will you be speaking?
How large is your group?
Do you want most to inform, inspire, challenge, persuade . . . ?

For me, anytime I share scripture I pull from my own personal experience. When and how has my light shined it's brightest? What were the surrounding circumstances when I let it grow dim? What did I learn from either that can help someone else? Just ask yourself the who, what, when, where, how, and why of your own personal experiences that validate this passage. Someone once told me they could care less what the Bible had to say about anything b/c they weren't even sure if they believed the Bible. I decided then that I would never tell someone what the Bible had to say without also sharing my life and relationship with Christ that testifies of His truth. They can argue context and many other things but when you share your testimony who can argue what you have known and experienced?

Looking forward to hearing back from you,
(you can click the comments link below
rather than go through the forms)

Thanks,
Tracie

No comments: