Thursday, November 09, 2006

My Bible Reading Plan

1. If time is my hindrance, I will forfeit _________________ and use that time instead for my Bible Study time. Remember Martha exchange something temporal for something eternal. All that you gain from studying the Bible is eternal.

2. I will set up____________________as my special place with all my tools easily available to me.

3. I will plan my time for __________________________ everyday.
You should have a specific time set apart for your quiet time. The best time is when you are at your best.I believe Jesus gives us His example in Mark 1:35He woke up early in the morning to spend time with His Father. The Bible gives many other examples of men and women who rose early to meet with God. Abraham (Genesis 19:27), Job (Job 1:5 ), Jacob (Genesis 28:1), Moses (Exodus 34:4),Hannah and Elkanah (I Samuel 1:19), and David (Psalm 5:3, 57:7-8)(see also Psalm 143:8, Isaiah 26:9, Ezekiel 12:8

4. I will try my best to spend _____________ amount of time every day in Bible Study. If you have never spent time in this area start with 15 minutes it will grow naturally. You will want more.

5. Which Bible reading plan or study do you plan on implementing?

_________________________________________________

Note: What if I miss a day? Don’t worry about it if it only happens occasionally. Don’t go on a guilt trip. This isn't about legalism; it's about a relationship. "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1

A prayer of commitment

Lord, help me be committed to spending this time with you everyday, no matter what the cost. Help me to understand that you have required all the strength I need for consistency, if I will only obey You.

No comments: