Friday, February 17, 2006

Gripping His Grace

God is growing my understanding of His marvelous Grace. For so long I did not realize that the desire I had to serve Him could only come from Him. I want you to know, whatever area of service He’s calling you to, You have the power, in Christ, to accomplish that work.

Are you aware of the Power of the Holy Spirit within you? Do you tend to say, "Yes, Lord!" or "Yes, Lord I sure want to, BUT I can’t do that; it’s just to big. Don’t you want someone better, prettier, funnier, smarter . . . "? Let me tell you, I made the mistake of asking Him this. Do you know the scripture He impressed on me? It was I Corinthians 1:27. "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty"

He was agreeing with me. This is not usually the encouragement we’re looking for is it? What we want to hear is this, "Oh, you can do it." or " You’d be great at that." But, the truth is He knows I’m weak and foolish and He still considers me useful. Why? The remainder of the chapter explains the reason. He get’s the greatest glory!

Would you Just say yes to Him, right now? You know in your heart what He desires of you. I know it probably seems way too big. You may even find yourself fearful. Please remember, just as salvation comes by grace through faith, we must realize that our calling and our gifts aren’t because we’re worthy or capable. It’s because of His grace and in faith we must allow Him to work in us.

Hebrews 11:6 tells us, " For without Faith it’s impossible to please Him."

It took several years for me to realize every time I said, " I can’t", I was really saying, " No." I was focused on myself and my own inadequecies. The results were missed opportunities that God had laid before me. Are you headed down this same path? If so, I want to head you off now. Please don’t waste your time, or His. It’s a dead end street. You do not have to know all the answers, you do not need to have a higher education, and you do not have to obtain the seal of approval from your friends. Place your trust in Him and realize the power of His Holy Spirit within you.

You have nothing to loose if you’re seeking His will and following His lead. Whatever the outcome, you will have been found faithful. Listen to Him...Hear Him say...

"My grace is sufficient for you: my strength is made perfect in weakness." 2Corinthians 12:9

No comments: