Saturday, January 28, 2006

Capturing the Moment

Children grow rapidly. Therefore, we should keep our cameras close, even though it's not convenient to do so. We must be ready to capture Life's precious moments. I remember learning this the hard way when I missed my daughters first acrobatic performance. I went to the next room to retrieve my camera, but by the time I returned, the show was over. My opportunity had passed.

What’s a mom to do? I thought, "I know, I’ll re-create the situation." So, I repositioned her little hands and feet, and stepped back to seize time. Trust me, she was no longer a cute acrobat. Oh, I got a picture, but it was not the original beautiful, smiling baby. No, her smiling face had turned to a shriveled up frown and her laughter to a high pitch cry. Simply put, I missed my moment.

I wonder how many times my Heavenly Father looks down, and say’s, " Oh, you missed that one." Are we ready for the opportunities He brings our way? The opportunities to tell others about His Hope and Salvation. Those are the moments that matter most. They bring others to God, fill your life with joy, and cause God to smile. When you find your attentions distracted, ask yourself, "Am I making the most of the opportunity at hand?" Times like these are not forgotten, they are eternally imprinted on the heart of God.


"Live wisely among those who are not Christians, and make the most of every opportunity." Colossians 4:5 NLT

2 comments:

Drewe Llyn, Girlfriend's Mentor said...

Hey, Tracie,
I'm so glad to see you got all the kinks out! I like this post as I'm a very "Camera Happy" person. Have a great day!
~ Drewe Llyn

Anonymous said...

This is such a wonderful truth. Although at times is gets hard to live as that light with Satan ever present trying to discredit the word of God, I ever keep in my mind "who might be watching" well God and man of course. Thank you Lord for ever keeping in mind your presence in my life. AMEN