Thursday, March 02, 2006

Surrendered To "My Heart's Desire"

You, Lord, are my hearts desire.
Consume me with your holy fire.
Burn, Lord, within my soul;
I give you complete control.
Oh, Lord, May my members be,
Pledged to you alone in perfect harmony.

I surrender to you my life and fears.
Use me for your holiness now and in future years.
Like the lame man, help me to rise.
You’ve set this captive free and I run for the prize.
You alone are my strength and my mighty tower.
Illumine me with your truths as the enemy seeks to devour.

Set my feet on the path that is narrow; the path that is right.
Help me to be pleasing in your precious sight.
Forever in your presence, I live for your glory.
May my life in reverence boldly proclaim your story!

© 2005


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful, heart-felt, and touching !!